randall 103E controller

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by golfcarmad, 14 Dec 2005.

1. golfcarmad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    just moved house,inherited a homewarm 600 system that works fine.cannot set the clock on randall 103E,can anyone help please?

2. Lottie_AFC

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I cannot set the timer on this unit and it's been driving me bonkers for a few months since moving and the weather change. I just have no control what so ever on when the heating comes on and off, I cannot fathom out how to set it, and on every other property i have lived in I have mastered the timer easily with no need for instructions.

I also have a Drayton thermostat whith this GCH system, and it seems not to work at all, any idea on either anyone?

3. ChrisR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    103E is current so should be on their website. If not I can email a scan.

Drayton, which stat? probably wrongly wired, they often are.

4. bab

bab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    high guys or gals .Dont feel stupid. as an installer i hate em . British gas like fitting em but go to an old couple & u might as well be in a call centre in Deli. If u dont like it bin it.life to short 4 tish like that.

5. Lottie_AFC

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi Chris R - thanks for your response!

I haven't located the Randall website to check for instructions. Any info you have please email me on lottie_totty@hotmail.com

The Drayton thermostat has no model number anywhere on the box unit on the wall so I am a bit baffled.

I have the same no of radiators in this house as my last and my heating costs have almost trebled!

6. Lottie_AFC

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I can't bin it, a.> I can;t fix another one up and b.> I am renting my home so the heating system is not for me to tamper with I'm afraid.

I fully take on board what you are sayign abotu how to work them, I pride myself on understanding gadgets without the need to read a manual, however the randall 103e makes me feel like a 93 year old pensioner trying to programme the video!

7. ricarbo

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You find the 'Randall' site by googling 'Danfoss' or 'Danfoss Randall'

8. golfcarmad

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Danfoss were kind enough to post myself a copy of user handbook.If you send me a pm with yr address I'll do same for you.I laso have a copy of instruction/installation manual if required.By the way after reading user manual,I found out I was operating various buttons corrcetly-dam thing is just slightly broken,so If anyone can reccomend a replacement thats a simple straight swap-I would appreciate it.Good luck to one & all.

9. ollski

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    The only thing that's a straight swap is the same one...they often are used as a complete wiring centre.

10. ChrisR

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  11. Lottie_AFC

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    None of these instructions are the same as the timer I have. The unit I have is 103E only and was installed in the property in 1979. Does this mean I may have to contact the company direct for some archived instructions?

Chris R - I did notice some details of the Drayton thermostat downstairs set next to the timer and above the boiler in a box on the wall. What exactly did you need to know?