Randall (Danfoss) SET5 programmer - how to access wiring?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Randall SET5 programmer has started playing up - flickering on and off suggesting a loose connection.

I want to get access to the wiring so I can check the connections, but I can't work out how.

There are no screws, just a plastic tab at the top that can be pressed in, behind a lip that looks like it should pull the face down. But pushing on the tab doesn't seem to free it.

Any ideas how to get the face to flip down or otherwise get access to the wiring?

Thanks

Andy

Sponsored Links
Turn off electric to programmer. Last one I did was this way. Yours could be the same. loosen 2 screws on top one in middle and one on the extreme right,small phillips.
Pull top only forward and it will un hinge and fall into your hands.

http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/Danfoss PDF/Danfoss FP975 User Instructions.pdf

If your unit is beyond repair the above is a direct replacement same back plate.
Also fitting instructions on above literature thou you need to reverse this procedure. page 5 I think.

James. ;)

Thanks but I don't have any screws on my programmer, that's the problem.

The whole unit slides around if I put pressure on it (maybe an inch in each direction), so I guess it's not quite attached right to the backplate, or maybe the backplate itself is moving around. I just need to detach the unit from the backplate to see what the problem is.

Its a standard backplate so if you dig out the plaster from under the timer you should find two screws holding the face to the backplate.

Sponsored Links
Managed to get it off - combination of raising the tab at the top with a screwdriver and a reasonable amount of force pulling the top of the unit away from the wall.

Well you have just passed the first British gas practical test for new employees or was it Bodge it and scarper ltd.

Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back