Range Tribune HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have the above Immersion(very small) and has dropped below 1Bar,I have been informed that it best operates between 1 & 1.5Bar,it looks fairly straight forward,as in connect the flexi stainless steel pipe to the two capped connections(Hot & Cold) and open the taps,thus topping up.
Question 1. Do I turn the cold tap before the hot?
Question 2. By how much do I turn the said taps(1/4,1/2 turn etc) and seeing I cannot see any water level just Bar pressure how do I know when I have topped up enough? will the Bar pressure just rise?
Question 3. I have only been in this a brand new house 8 months,so should I have to do this so soon?

Many thanks and sorry if I come across a bit of a dim wit :oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi, I have the above Immersion(very small) and has dropped below 1Bar,
The Range Tribune is the hot water storage cylinder, this operates at a higher than 1bar pressure but will not be of any concern at thish stage.
I have been informed that it best operates between 1 & 1.5Bar,it looks fairly straight forward,as in connect the flexi stainless steel pipe to the two capped connections(Hot & Cold) and open the taps,thus topping up.
1 to 1·5 is the operating pressure of the heating system. Yes, connect the flexi pipe and turn on the taps.
Question 1. Do I turn the cold tap before the hot?
they are not hot and cold, one is the main in and the other is the inlet to heating, turn on the one that is on the pipe going into the cylinder after the other one.
Question 2. By how much do I turn the said taps(1/4,1/2 turn etc) and seeing I cannot see any water level just Bar pressure how do I know when I have topped up enough? will the Bar pressure just rise?
you will hear the water running through the pipes, watch the gauge until it reads about 1·25.
Question 3. I have only been in this a brand new house 8 months,so should I have to do this so soon?
Quite usual to need topping up after a short period as the air that was trapped in the system may have vented through an air vent.

Many thanks and sorry if I come across a bit of a dim wit :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back