Ravenheat 820/20T

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ravenheat 820/20T .....been reliable over the years.....the problem I have and I hope you can shed some light on why there's no hot water at the tap(?)....The central heating is working perfectly but for some reason there's no hot water.

I see thermistor gets mentioned a lot for this type of problem but I don't think the 820/20T is fitted with one - is that correct?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
The boiler has a thermistor but not likely to be your problem.

You need to check the diverter valve is moving and operating the DHW demand switches!

Tony

Sponsored Links
That's very true - I think I'll have an engineer install a new diverter valve(with micro-switch) and cross my fingers......many thanks for your assistance, Tony......

That's very true - I think I'll have an engineer install a new diverter valve(with micro-switch) and cross my fingers......many thanks for your assistance, Tony......
why ? just get an engineer out to diagnose the fault rather than say it needs a diverter valve and micro-switch, most probably the DHW Diaphragm has perished on your boiler

It is a scraping knuckles boiler.

But I do just replace the diaphragm on that model!

Tony

It doesn't. It's a thermostat which switches a high and low gas rate at the gas valve (not fully modulating).

Lad, your post count is not even 3k. You need high 60k to carefully and precisely state a thermistor is same as a thermostat. you are not implying these components are different are you?

I am still trying to get to grips with capacitors and ECR meters. I think you need to get to grips with thermistors and thermostats- you will eventually realise there is no difference, once you get an oscilloscope(y)

Yes, that is correct, its such an old design that it uses a phial type thermostat to give three different contact outputs.

As it was not related to the fault on the OP's boiler, in my haste I wrongly said it was a thermistor!

I am still keeping one of this old model going until the summer when I will replace it with an Intergas.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Tony that is the closest you have come to saying you have made a mistake

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back