RavenHeat CSI 120T Low NOX Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had the above boiler fitted and is working well except that when I fit the front cover the unit becomes like an amplifier and makes a terrible drumming noise sounds like Portland Bill and can be heard all over the house usually when the fan is working (exhausting).
Currently it is running without the front cover fitted.
The installer seems not to be able to identify the cause and a Ravenheat engineer is due in a couple of days to look at it.
I have tried fitting foam between front panel and sides etc to no avail.
Any ideas what may be causing this, and a possible solution would be greatly appreciated. :?:

Sponsored Links
You have a fault with your air /gas mix,

more than likely something wrong with your flue(if noise only occurs with case on)

do you have a long or short flue? vertical or staight out?

You are highly recommend not to use ur boiler with the case off!! - do so at ur own risk

Thank you for your suggestion.
The flu is short and fitted horizontally.
I am aware that front should be fitted, very aware and only me at home.
This is something I will leave for the engineer due tomorrow

please tell us your findings i had a similar problem.replaced boiler in the end as could not find fault

Sponsored Links
please tell us your findings i had a similar problem.replaced boiler in the end as could not find fault

Who replaced the boiler for you , Ravenheap under warranty ?? Interested ??

No boiler had numerous problems from day one.Electrics at first then over heat stat. banging on got worse just took it out was that peed off in a rental property so fitted a new ideal with 5 year warranty sweet as a nut compared to the ravenheap..

No boiler had numerous problems from day one.Electrics at first then over heat stat. banging on got worse just took it out was that peed off in a rental property so fitted a new ideal with 5 year warranty sweet as a nut compared to the ravenheap..

But the Ravenheap comes with a 3 year warranty , why did u not complain to Lewis , or get them in ?? to sort it ?? how much did you pay for the heap ??

Not one of them Logics was it ?? from the manufacturer of such Turkeys as the Icos Isar & Response

Hi there I was looking at your issue that you had with your Ravenheat csi120t and was interested in the outcome as mine has just started doing the same thing. I noticed that one of the replies you had thought that it may be the air/gas mixture, or the flue.
Did you manage to resolve the issue and if so what was the outcome please :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back