Ravenheat CSI 85 A not igniting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a ravenheat CSI 85A just over 2 years old. The flame went out two days ago with the red light showing. After turning to reset it starting working as normal. Yesterday morning the flame was out once again but after turning to reset it would not ignite. It goes through a cycle of trying to ignite a few times then the red failure light comes on. I can hear a faint clicking (I presume from the igniter). There is a smell of gas when I removed the sight glass. On removing the cover and trying, the pump is turning (can feel and hear) and the fan is ok but I no longer hear the clicking of the igniter. There is a small split where the igniter cable connects to the igniter. I tried to get replacements but none in stock till next week. Was advised to put insulation tape round as a temporary measure but that has not worked. Anybody any ideas please!!!! :?:

Sponsored Links
Just to let anybody else in the same situation know, I had an engineer from Npower come out to have a look and he said its the control board. Being changed in two days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back