Ravenheat CSI 85 - CSI 85T GAS Boiler - Timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Just to explain the situation first.

In my 2bed house the combi boiler is located in the back bedroom in a cupboard.

In the landing there is a FCU Switch (I think thats what its called) and this switches the boiler on/off. In the kitchen there is another FCU Switch (not sure why there are 2?) which again turns off the boiler is switched.

In the kitchen; is it possible to put some sort of timer on the FCU so I don't have to keep going upstairs into the back room (which I currently rent out) to switch the boiler on/off if needed out of the normal timer hours.

Is this possible and would it be easy to do?

I have this timer switch device I got for some underfloor heating in my last house could this be used?

Hopefully my pics will explain the situation better if they work.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

**Edit**
In the post options I have selected show my images but I cant see them can you? All the pics are in my album is thats any use? How do I display them on the post?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi no this will not work because the boiler needs a permanent live for the domestic water to opperate 24hours per day !!! if you want to put an ext clock on it can be fitted to the roomstat link on the board then leave the old clock on 24 hour mode
any clock must be voltageless switching ??? anyway unless you are part P registered you should not be carrying out these alterations
Get an electrictian to do it for you
The 2 switches would have been used for an electric imersion heater so the one in the bedroom was normally left on then it could be controled from the kitchen

mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back