RC cars...

I

imamartian

any of you lot into RC cars?

I appreciate there's battery and nitro, but know little more than that...

What should i be looking at to buy? I live near a couple of old supermarkets (moved) and they have large car parks which are blocked, and therefore great for fast RC cars. Wouldn't mind a bit of off-roading too...

And is it worth joining a club??

Sponsored Links
My nephew was involved with RC cars 20yrs ago, i remember they had proper races & a league table, i would google RC cars & see where it takes you, but definatly go along to different meets to establish your niche.

i was thinking more broadly than that.... is it worth buying a battery version? or should i get a nitro jobbie?

Learn to walk before you run, its harder than it looks.

Still working my way through the helicopters.

Sponsored Links
A battery powered entry level model from the likes of Tamiya or Kyosha is a (fairly) cheap way of trying it. Nitro is also a lot louder (invasive/unsociable). I dabbled as a kid with electric, I had a mate who went Nitro, electric was far less hassle.

A few friends rent a large house around the corner this years tasks are a bar in the massive garden ( think large shed sound proofed so we can jam along too) and a RC Car track. That is going on top of the filled in swimming pool :D ( owners filled it in as the local kids used to bunk into it!

Yeah electric helicopter.
Nothing special this one was about £140 but took ages to get to be able to fly it. Went thru the smaller ones 1st.
Trouble is with the smaller they are done in by a good breeze. M8 has a 6 ft rotor petrol one, no where near good enough to fly that yet.

I hear the brushless electric are faster than Nitro!

Love to have a bash at one of the 'Drift' models:

amazing cars... are they electric? (great soundtrack too!!)

Learn to walk before you run, its harder than it looks.

Still working my way through the helicopters.

In the real world helecopters are similar to the Harrier in that they are more difficult to fly than fixed wing.

In the 80s my dad had a RC yacht, i reckon that could be fun. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Kensington Gardens ( By Hyde Park, Where Princess Di lived) has the "Round Pond" used for model boating. When little they used to have all sorts of RC boats and just sail ( Takes about 5 mins to walk around it, so you never lost a sail only ) was great watching. One bloke had a submarine!!!

http://www.mysa.org.uk/

Sponsored Links
Back