rcbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, have a disagrement needs sorting out and a full round down the pub is resting on your replies!!!!
is it acceptable to fit a 2 way enclosure with rcbo supplying new bathroom(one 6amp one 16amp for lights and a socket) next to old cu and power it with 4mm cable from the original fuse (30 amp old style fuse),,,,, so through isolator on cu through fuse and into rcbo"s?? or is it new set of tails only?? thanks all

Sponsored Links
Can't see a problem with it, technically the 4mm becomes a "sub-main" to a second consumer unit.

I did exactly this the other day after moving some sockets and lights in someone house- they didn't want to cough for a new CU and the existing was a cr4ppy GE where RCBO's seem to be as difficult to obtain as a power converter for the millenium falcon.

Sponsored Links
if it is a socket in another room, which already has a socket circuit going to it, it would be far safer to put the new socket on the same circuit.

Otherwise, one day somewone will (think they have) turned off the bedroom sockets, and work on the live one.

I did exactly this the other day after moving some sockets and lights in someone house- they didn't want to cough for a new CU and the existing was a cr4ppy GE where RCBO's seem to be as difficult to obtain as a power converter for the millenium falcon.

RCBOs are available for GE boards but afaik only in double width :(

RCBOs are available for GE boards but afaik only in double width :(

I couldn't evan get that far, at the mention of "GE" and "RCBO" my local wholesaler looked at me like I'd just slapped my manhood on the counter and asked for a compression fitting.

Wylex or Volex :mad:
Was called Sector GE iirc - they want a kick in the backside if they can't get parts for a CU they were still supplying last year! We got some with RCD incomers with L marked on them, only problem was it was on the side which connected to the neutral rail :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back