rcbo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys , got a question
need to connect 12kw boiler to own cu and was wondering if there are 63amp rcbo available?? :confused:
that way it can just be tails,dp isolator,rcbo and out to boiler???
using 10mm cable to boiler and manufacturer recommends 63amp protection ,although it is all run in conduit and surface so rcd needed???
would ask the electrician who is supposed to be doing it at weekend ,,if he ever answers the phone :evil: and need to get stuff on order :rolleyes:
thanks all

Sponsored Links
If the cable isn't buried in plaster and the boiler isn't in a special location eg a bathroom, I see no need for RCD protection. In fact, where possible, they're often best avoided where water heating is concerned.

If you do need one then a RCD mainswitch and a 63a MCB would be the way forward?

MEM do a field fit RCBO pod to convert their mcb's, but they're steep and you'd have to confirm it's good for 63a. might only be 50.

I think I have a MEM 63A RCBO if you want it. Not free though.

(the 63A pods have a very big neutral)

Sponsored Links
thanks for the offer john,but will be needing 3 lots and maybe more :eek: thanks guys will ask at wilts for 80 amp rcd and 63 amp mcb in small enclosure,,
not happy with electrician,,if he dont turn up will have to do it myself :eek:
am with corgi scheme ,which is ok for small stuff but doesnt exactly make me an electrician :oops: watch out for smoke if your in the milton keynes region at weekend!! :eek: :eek:

Be cautious of sticking a 63A MCB into any CU - some consumer units are only rated to take up to a 50A MCB even though their industrial variants will take 63A ones hence it is possible to buy 63A MCBs.
Think Merlin Gerin type A and B boards are suitable, as are square D type A and B boards.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back