RCD Tripping

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just installed an electric oven problem is that it keeps tripping the RCD, tryed it on a 13 amp plug to ensure my wiring is ok and the same thing happens, removed the earth from plug and it works fine ? if there is a neutral to earth connection in the Oven will it cause this ? how do I get around this ?

Sponsored Links
There should be no neutral to earth connection. The earth is there for saftey. where did you get the oven from?

I got it from BQ, after speaking to someone they advised that there maybe a Neutral to Earth connection ??? I thought it sounded strange, just when I ommit the earth it works ?

it will work, unfortunately it is dangerous (death usually is) take it back and get a replacement since it is not fit to do the job of which it was intended.

If you "take it apart to see how it works" you will invalidate the waranty. to be honest it sounds like a bad connection or one of the elements has been damaged either way take it back

Sponsored Links
I agree..... take it back. If you want to live......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back