RE: Advice on my plan!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ok so we need a rsj (shown in yellow) put in the old rear wall of the house, still got the old concrete lintels in shown in red, i planned everything out to do it oursleves and count on two family members that have done loads of work to their houses, but then they decided that they didnt want to touch it, so we got a quote for £1800 from a builder we know (we plan on getting more quotes) but, if we did it ourselves did i plan the supports (strong-boys and acros) right, for the strong boys for the wall there would be 5 on one side n 4 on the other or 4 and 3 (Direction of placement shown in green) then the standard acros with scaffhold boards (Blue line) to hold celling joists up! is that sound or will the wall drop (the family members that didnt want to do it, said they didnt want to incase the wall drops or moves)
Thanks
View media item 63272 View media item 63279 View media item 63280

Sponsored Links
What does the Structural Engineer who specced the beam/did the calcs say say? If you're planning to take down a load bearing wall without it being specced by an SE my advice is: dont.

Sponsored Links
Back