Re Handing a Wilko 3 lever sash lock?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi ;)
I am driving myself nuts as I managed to hang a new internal door and I fitted a sash lock. (The door is hinged on the LHS opening inward as you look at it) I changed the sash bit of the lock( the bevelled bit i think) round easily but I can only open door by lifting door handle UP rather than pushing down ....Can anyone advise what I need to do to change this...Thank you

Sponsored Links
are the handles 'handed'?ie have you fitted them the correct way?

open up the lock again. There will be an alloy part with a square hole that the handle spindle goes through. It will probably have one or two horns that push the latch back. If you can't puzzle it out, post a photo

BTW, you have of course checked that the knobs are fitted the right way round?

To say I had the handles the wrong way!! I was so flushed with actually hanging the door ok (it's heavy!) & fitting the lock etc...I thought it was some thing to do with the lock itself!! I can't thank you gents enough for prompting me to have another look Tricia

Sponsored Links
you want to remember this little trick when you have young kids.it confuses them and keeps them out of rooms that they must not go in.

only works until they have sussed it out though, :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back