re-sink mixer taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys, I need to change my kitchen sink mixer taps, but cannot see how the pipes are connected to them.
From below, 1/2" pipes is tapered to approx 1/4", looks just like the pipe has been stretched.and goes through work surface.
It also looks as if it,s been soldered to the taps, but, without taking them off , I cannot see.
How are they usually fitted?
Any advice would be grateful. I am pretty adept at DIY, but, need to know a bit before I start, don,t want any unforeseen hiccups.

Sponsored Links
Go and buy a new set of taps and you will see that they will come with flexible tap tails. Then turn off isolation valves under your sink leading to your tap and remove or turn off mains and drain down. Once drained down fit new isolation valves and work from there.

Andy

There's no way to be sure if your tap is the same as mine without having a look but, if it is ---

I also have 15mm pipes tapering down to a smaller size (probably 8mm but don't quote me on that). The smaller pipes are screwed into the bottom of the tap with small O-rings for seals. The tap is then fixed down onto the sink with a single bolt through a clamp plate underneath.

There's no way to be sure if your tap is the same as mine without having a look but, if it is ---

I also have 15mm pipes tapering down to a smaller size (probably 8mm but don't quote me on that). The smaller pipes are screwed into the bottom of the tap with small O-rings for seals. The tap is then fixed down onto the sink with a single bolt through a clamp plate underneath.
Hi spacecat, thanks for reply. Thats what mine look like, just been to homebase, but don,t sell them.try plumb centre tomorrow.cheers

Sponsored Links
Go and buy a new set of taps and you will see that they will come with flexible tap tails. Then turn off isolation valves under your sink leading to your tap and remove or turn off mains and drain down. Once drained down fit new isolation valves and work from there.

Andy
Thanks andy, if they come with flexi, all the better.Thanks for info. much appreciated, to both of you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back