Ready mixed plaster! Any good..?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a small plastering job in an office, don't want to make any mess and it's on the 15th floor, no room to mix up. Is this stuff anygood. Going on to plasterboard.

Sponsored Links
It will do a job but really for patch/repairs.
What area are you covering as it is costly in comparison?
Is there a location outside available for mixing or a nearby room that is suitable?
Because regardless of any thing else you will still have to get a mixed up version to the office area.

You can't feather it out or polish it.

like said patching maybe at a push (but not me) id just tell them the only way you will do it is if you can skim properly.

guarantee if you attempt to skim with this it will look crap, then youll be known as a crap plasterer!

customers just see the word plaster on the bag and expect it to be immaculate.

Sponsored Links
Have since used the product from various companies and can quite safely say there all ****e! Should have bit the bullet and made some mess. I thought I was being clever. Didnt cover the angle beads would barely cover the scrim. It's dries unevenly. It's just glorified filler. Although could have obtained a better finish with Tetrion. The one positive is that it did sand down well. Thank ****.
Should have listened......... :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back