Rebuilding a shoddy lean-to - advice needed!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First post and all... Attached is a picture of the lean-to attached to my bedroom. It's got a solid concrete floor above the crawl space which is held up by hopes, dreams and a lot of rotted wood, a double glazed door that sweats, a roof with no insulation and solid, cold walls.

I was after some advice on the best way to sort it out? What I was thinking is about like this:

Cut solid walls down to below floor height, put a wall plate on then rim joist on top, new suspended timber floor with insulation, new timber frame stud walls insulated and externally rendered to match existing, new windows / door, retain existing roof but add celotex insulation on top and a new waterproof layer over

Does that sound feasible or am I going to end up having to fully demolish and put in some new foundations?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20150630_145932.jpg
    20150630_145932.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 212
Sponsored Links
I think demolition and a complete re-build would be kinder to the house.(y)

Joking aside, financially and practically speaking you may be better off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back