RECENT C & G 2382 question

Well if it split the class 50/50 and split the tutors 50/50 (ten of them) do you think it was a good question?

Exactly.

I regularly teach teachers.

Believe me, few of them are capable of making that judgement.

You're wrong. Fifty percent of them were wrong, too.

There, does that make it better? That your lecturers were just as confused as you?

Bye! :cool:

Sponsored Links
Well if it split the class 50/50 and split the tutors 50/50 (ten of them) do you think it was a good question?

Exactly.

I regularly teach teachers.

Believe me, few of them are capable of making that judgement.

You're wrong. Fifty percent of them were wrong, too.

There, does that make it better? That your lecturers were just as confused as you?

Bye! :cool:

Thats a very high pedestal you preach from :mad: :rolleyes:

Turn_of_lights.jpg

Sorry I am not wrong.

From the question

in each and every case you must inquire with the supply undertaking (Local distributor). BS 7671 actually tells us that they may have a requirement for a larger conductor. If they do have such a requirement then it is paramount and it shall prevail over and above table 54.8.

If they do not have such a requirement then (and only then) you may select as stated at B/

Therefore answer D/ applies every single time. Answer B/ might only apply some of the time.

Sponsored Links
Does anyone actually KNOW which is the correct answer, i.e. as far as the question setters are concerned.

If they do, please let us know as it would seem to render half of the discussion redundant.

An odd thing about C&G exams, I think, is that they do not inform you which questions you got wrong. It follows therefore, unless absolutely certain, you cannot be sure which you got right. Perhaps there were other 'detractors' that weren't noticed.

Whether you answered B or D you do not know if you were 'correct' so there must be another question in that section (chapter of regs.) about which you cannot be sure either. That's if you can remember them all which I can't.

Disappointingly, they don't actually tell you which you got wrong, pity realy.

Although in the computer printout they do list your percentages per section.
Elsewhere on their site they tell you how many questions each section almost accurately.
So with a little careful working out you can see the total number of each section you got correct and therefore the full total. But not actually which particular question.

I think both camps agree me that the actual answer they were wanting to that particular question was indeed B/. Just the question was very poorly put.

If I got 90% correct that does not interest me as much as knowing which 10% I actually got wrong. To me that is important.

EFLI,
I'm not sure what you meant by another question being wrong on that section. In fact there was some other question that I thought was equally badly asked but I've forgotten what it was. The question I mentioned here was the one I definitely remembered.

I'll give you another question then (this one was asked on "who want's to be a millionaire").

What is the name of the line that separates a circle in to two equal halves?

there was some other question that I thought was equally badly
That was my point.
I'm not arguing one way or the other for B or D but unless we actually KNOW what the question setters required for the answer you don't know if you got it right or wrong.
If you think you chose the wrong answer (because of this discussion) but actually you were correct then there must be another question which you thought you got right but didn't.

It seems a strange system to show you a black rectangle with percentages when the computer could easily print out which questions you got wrong - a lot more helpful.

"If you think you chose the wrong answer (because of this discussion) but actually you were correct then there must be another question which you thought you got right but didn't."

Sorry, I still can't see this

Any answers?

Ban you are banned from answering for a little while if you don't mind :D

Sorry, I still can't see this

Well, say you took this exam and only got one answer wrong (by the percentages).

Say you answered D to this particular question.

You read this thread and are persuaded that the correct answer is B.

So you now think this was the one question wrongly answered.

What nobody actually KNOWS is that, in fact, the question setters deem D to be the correct answer.

So, therefore, it was another question that you got wrong thus leading you to be mislead about TWO questions you thought you got right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back