Recommend an alarm for my metal shed

It may have changed engineer code to 6 digits if you have altered the user code to 6 at some stage !go back in and check in wintex

Sponsored Links
Hello again,

On wintex the eng code comes up with 4 *

If I use my user code or 5,6,7,8 I get the acknowledge beeps, if I use eng 1,2,3,4 I get "you need a user to enable access" so I'm guessing I haven't altered the number I've just altered something to allow it access.

Just to clarify how I have wired.

In the detectors I have wired

green to detector 0v
white to detector 12v
red and black across the alarm contacts
blue and yellow across the tamper contacts

and then the other end of the cable back at the main panel I have wired

green -12v white +12v terminals 10 (Aux 12v power)
red and black comes back across terminals Z1,Z2 etc etc
blue and yellow I have wired via a chocky block with all the tamper circuits in series and the start and end of the circuit across terminals 11 (aux/fault connections)

Is this normally closed or double pole? In my wintex I have the following options

normally closed,
normally open,
double pole/eol,
triple eol,
then a load of resitor options,
and then wd monitor

which one should I tick?

I also forgot to mention I have the digi modem 2400 connected to my telephone line.
Plus since trying to find answers to my problems, I discovered the size of my back up battery is wrong, I need the 7Ah. I just assumed the battery that was in my veritas would do.

Each time I have made a change in wintex I have download to the panel.

Many thanks again,
Si

sounds like you are just about functional now.

Have you got the com 2400 setup and working

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks ,

I will untick eng + user in global, select normally closed very shortly and get back with my progress.

No I haven't set up the 2400 yet I was going to ask that question later ;)

I have set keypad 2 and it's 2 detectors to area B and would like to be able to arm (area B the shed) independently to the house. Also if I arm the shed can I then still have my part arm in the house?

Thanks again,
Si

Cool, progress.

It let me in. I went to the confirm devices menu and it shows rkp 1+2 or something like that and asked me if I wanted to confirm, I said yes. Then I had tamper faults but realized the panel was still open and my computer plugged in. I unplugged computer and closed panel and then the fault went down to aux tamper, system alerts, so I opened up the panel and put a link in place of my tamper circuit ( my tamper circuit measures 40ohms , I don't know what resistance values the premier sees as a closed or open circuit? ) closed the panel tried to reset but it still has the same fault aux tamper system alerts. I have removed the link and put my tamper circuit back in circuit.

Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

What do you suggest I do next?

Many thanks in advance,
Si

well if theres a link in the aux tamper terminals and its giving a aux tamper then something is a miss.

Go in and out of engineering it should clear of theres no fault, make sure the link is in the correct 2 terminals and tight.

When you linked out the tamper did you remove the tamper wires ? You can use wintex diagnostic tab to check for faults / issues ...

Went back in the loft and found 2 things.

When I tried before with the link i'm guessing I didn't have it in tight enough because the fault cleared this time.

Then I found a suspect broken wire in my tamper circuit, well suspect enough that as I tried to reinsert it broke off.

All faults cleared :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Now I just got to arm and test it :confused:

On the veritas when you did any zone changes on a part set the zone change happened on all part sets, I think this is the same on the Premier? We need 3 different set ups .

1.Full set when us and the dog were out
2.Us out and the dog in the kitchen (z3) but the front door still entry/exit
3.Us in bed dog in kitchen but front door becomes guard and the stairs pir became entry exit.

To do this we used
1. full set
2. full set + omit a zone
3. part set 1 where zone types changed and omitted the kitchen pir

On the veritas all I had to do was Full, Omit, 3, Prog and the system would arm with zone 3 omitted.

Do I really have to put in

user code ,omit, 003, omit, menu to omit zone 3

then

user code , yes to arm the sytem?

This seems like a lot more to do the same thing.

Do I understand part arm correctly?

For example my front door is entry/exit but in attributes 1 I have ticked guard. So does this mean when I part arm 1, part arm 2 or part arm 3 my front door entry/exit will become guard?

My kitchen pir is set to guard but at night I want to omit it because the dog is in there so I have ticked part 1 omit.

So if I part arm 1 at night will my front door become guard and my kitchen pir be omitted?

Thank you so much for all your help, I really feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Si

Sorry another question,

do I have to tick system configuration option 33 - enable text to get the text I have assigned to each zone to show up?

Thanks, Si

No , set and name each partset eg night , dog in , enable quickset on keypad then you can press part , 1st option night set , scroll down , dog in press yes and out you go ! No need to enter a code! So at night it's part " night set" press yes .. Go to bed !

if you turn on quick arm on the keypad you can set the systems without out using a code first by:-

pressimg Area full set, or pressing part, select the part set and yes

if you are having the shed seperate to the house, you may want to think about how you want it to work and post that to give you very specific guidance on the best way to achieve it.

Thanks again for your replies, I really appreciate it.

I would basically like the shed (area B) to be totally separate from the house (area A) apart from if it goes into alarm I would like the digi modem to tell me, if thats possible?

I would like to arm area B from either the house or the shed to start with and then I only envisage the shed being disarmed when I go into it. So then I go to the shed disarm area B do my stuff come out and then arm area B again. If possible I like to be able to do the above regardless of what state area A is in.

Hope this makes sense, it's very clear what I want in my head I just hope I'm explaining myself ok.

Many thanks again,
Si

Yes this is the same set up as I use , made the code local arm /disarm keypads A house , B garage. You can arm garage bt pressing (area). b(2) and (yes) from the house keypad it will also stop the bells ringing if you enter your code in the house but not disarm the garage in an activation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back