Recommend an alarm for my metal shed

Yes this is the same set up as I use , made the code local arm /disarm keypads A house , B garage. You can arm garage bt pressing (area). b(2) and (yes) from the house keypad it will also stop the bells ringing if you enter your code in the house but not disarm the garage in an activation.

Can I just ask a bit of advise on this please, I have a very similar setup, Prem Elite 24 with 1 RKP in the house and have 1 zone protecting and wired to 2 x door contacts on a shed in the garden, I only access the shed approx. 2 times a week.

I have the zone programmed as 24 hours, when i need to access the shed i scan my tag, menu 9 then omit the 24 hour zone, to re-instate when finished I do the same. Is there any advantage/disadvantage doing it this way rather than how you describe above? cheers.

Sponsored Links
If you have only one keypad set up keypad for area A and B set the shed zones as B and set a code for area B only , enter B code it will set B only and keypad will show partset area B .

Hello again,

I enabled quick set on both keypads.

I just tried to arm the shed(area B) and nothing happened so I decided to check the detectors out. I went to eng and walk test. I chose area B but it showed *none*. Does this mean it can't see my 2 zone inputs into rkp 2 (area B)?

In wintex, keypads I selected rkp 2 which I designated area B

In the options for keypad zone and volume, I chose zone 1 mapped to zone 009 and zone 2 mapped to 010

Then in the zones page there appeared 009 and 010 which had N1 R2 Z1 and N1 R2 Z2. These are what I assumed are my zones at my rkp 2 in the shed (area B). Do I have to enable these zones somewhere? If I have to enable the zone do I have to enable the output aswell?

Many thanks in advance,
Si

Zones 9 and 10 have 2 wires in alarm and two wires tamper.

zones will be guard area B and wiring type double pole/eol.

On a walk test the Area must be shown so AB you can walk test A and B, if you press B, you get A* and that would only walk test area A.

Sponsored Links
Only me again

In wintex if I have selected A for rkp 1 and B for rkp 2. So does that mean rkp1 will only arm area A and negate the need to press area when trying to arm ? Or do I have to select local arm disarm from user 1 options? again to negate the need for pressing area when arming?

Also when proving alarm tonight I armed it and wanted to prove it actually went into alarm. So we opened a door that was set to guard and sure enough it went off. We then put our user code in this silenced the alarm but it then had system alerts. It was telling me everything I wanted to know about calling ARC to reset and which zone had gone off. These would not reset however until I put in the eng 1,2,3,4 code. Is this normal, if my user code has all the tick boxes the eng has shouldn't I be able to reset system alerts.

Should initializing digi modem for a test call takes ages? its been 5 mins now.

Sorry for more questions. Thanks again in advance,
Si

Again it's only me sorry :confused:

Hi secureiam
"Zones 9 and 10 have 2 wires in alarm and two wires tamper.

zones will be guard area B and wiring type double pole/eol. "

Previously on this post I have been advised to select normally closed . I actually don't have zones 9 + 10, I don't have an expander. I thought mapping could be a software,theoretical zone so to speak. I have wired my detectors and keypad zones like

In the detectors I have wired

green to detector 0v
white to detector 12v
red and black across the alarm contacts
blue and yellow across the tamper contacts

In the keypad

red and black across the alarm contacts z1
blue and yellow across the tamper contacts z1
I have then taken the supply to the detector from the keypad supply.

In the keypad zone mapping it says they need mapping to a valid zone number. I have mapped them to 009 and 010 as I thought they were theoretical zones. As I don't have an expander on I only have 8 zones.

Does it mean a valid zone as in something I can actually wire into (ie do I need to put an expander on)

If thats the case I suppose I could series up a couple of detectors to free up a couple of zones( not best practice I know)

Thanks again for your patience and your very helpful replies,
Si

9 and 10 are fine as you haved mapped them to spare unsed zones, check area settings sounds like you have B set for engineer and code reset , to set shed from house enter code - - - - area. 2= B yes , also if you have sms text set this for area B also.

Hi just thought,

maybe when I said
"I just tried to arm the shed(area B) and nothing happened so I decided to check the detectors out. I went to eng and walk test. I chose area B but it showed *none*. Does this mean it can't see my 2 zone inputs into rkp 2 (area B)?"

What I should have said is
" I went to the shed and tried to arm pressing area, then selected b ,then pressed yes. The display then said exit area B or something similar and beeped at me . Nothing happened when I shut the door (which I have set up to entry/exit) and I'm pretty sure I waited for as long as I did in the house for area A to arm. This is when I thought it hadn't seen the door contact so I tried my walk test that showed *none*.

Hope this helps,
Si

What have you got area B set for setting ? Entry exit or timed ? Can you set from house as above ?

okay.

premier 24 is capable of 24 zones, 8 of which are on board.

you can add using expanders or via the zones on a keypad or a mixture.

keypad zones have to be mapped (in this case 9 and 10 but you could have 23 and 24 or 16 and 12 but thats probably not logical).

All that mapping does is say zone 1 on keypad is zone xx on the system, so you could if you wasnt using zone 8 on the panel map the zone to zone 8 on the keypad, but I would say if its on the panel or the expander used or not, dont use it on a keypad as a mapped zone address.

The keypad zones have 4 terminals per zone, but the 24 panel has 2 terminals per zone.

The panel is wired back as normally closed, the keypads in this case are wired double pole.

Its quirky I guess, the 24 and the wireless panels all have 2 terminals per zone, the 48,88,168 have 4 terminals per zone, the 640 beast is done with expanders and keypads.

Youre gettng there

My latest update

I HAVE A WORKING ALARM IN THE HOUSE AND SHED :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

I decided I wanted each keypad to local arm disarm via user options.

I also switched zones 9 and 10 (mapped keypad zones) from normally closed to double pole/eol

I tried arming the shed from the house and It let me which I thought was odd seeing as I had now selected local arm disarm for both A and B. I went to the shed and sure enough when I opened the door it detected the contacts open and started beeping. I wanted to see if the output relay had been programmed correctly so I waited what felt like absolutely ages, so long in fact that I thought it hadn't worked. Bloody hell I got a shock when the master blaster kicked in, I was very glad I was wearing ear defenders. I entered my user code and it silenced.

The system alerts still wouldn't reset from my user code I had to put in the eng 1,2,3,4. Then I exited and logged off engineer. When I armed the shed to leave it only let me do the shed. This got me wondering why the house had let me arm the shed earlier. I think the house keypad still had the eng logged on thats why it let me.

So I need to give a massive thankyou to each and everyone of you that have given their time to answer my large number of questions.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Just to try and tidy a couple of loose ends,

1. Is there a setting i've missed that allows the user to reset system alerts without enter eng after the alarm has been triggered?

2. Having quick set enabled is great, and works for arming or part but if I want to omit I still have to enter my user code. Is there a setting I can tick to allow omit to work straight away?

Many many thanks again,
Si

cheers sparkymarka

In area options, faults engineer reset is not chosen for A or B is this the option you are referring to?

Thanks, Si

There are 7 resets.

alarm 10
confirmed 11
tamper 12
anticode 13

Faults eng reset 35
No ATS Reset 36
AC Fail Eng reset 37

Setting the alarm, will depend on Local or non local settings for the user and the areas assigned to the keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back