1. We are pleased to announce the 'Home Automation' forum. Click here to get involved!

Recommend me a paint

Discussion in 'Decorating and Painting' started by bikeit, 8 Mar 2011.

1. bikeit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I will soon be getting the exterior of the house and all the garden walls etc repainted, so could someone here recommend me a good quality paint for the job,
    i was going to buy some Johnstone exterior paint but the painter did not recommend it claiming it lacked body, what does he mean?

2. misterhelpful

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Try to go with a trade masonry paint rather than regular off the shelf stuff.

Leyland truguard, Sandtex trade, Macpherson marbletex are just some decent ones and can all be mixed to virtually any colour you want.

Pliolite resin paints are shower proof in 20-30 mins, if you are uncertain how long the rain will hold off, and can even be applied well below freezing.

Have only used Johnstones occasionally and find it does spread a little thinly - in other words 'lacks body'!

3. rjl

rjl

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    i agree with mrhelpful,cant go wrong with santex.i have used johnstones masonary many times as i use most of johnstones products and i personally like there products.as for pliolite good product but oil based,more preferred to the trade but not normally a domestically used product.hope this helps in your decision.regards

4. bikeit

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Any idea if Sandtex have many colours to choose from? cannot see any on their web site.

5. misterhelpful

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom