refil central heating system - airlock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Ive drained a vented central heating system with an older NETAHEAT system boiiler. The system has 2 2port valves for the CH and hot water.

Ive refilled the system (opened up the ball valve in the FandE tank and bled the CH although i think theres an airlock as the pump is making a lot of noise.

any tips on how to remove the airlock.

redrain and refil?

if it makes any difference the property is a bungalow so rads only on one level

Thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks Kev,

ill try that, any way i can make sure the whole sys is full. do i need to drain the system again and refil? or just bleed the pump. I suppose if the pump is full then the +ve and -ve sides of the sustem should be flooded since the pump is at the neutral point.

you may be able to tell im not a CH engineer just a mere bathroom fitter.

useally opening the two valves and bleeding the pump will shift the airlock.
you can always run the pump on top speed to get it all circulating.

Sponsored Links
Perhaps change your user name OP? Not being stumped by this scenario is basic plumbing ability. Lot to learn plumber.

Nah, just seemed like an odd name for a green behind the ears. It's alright using funny names and not saying where you really live, but the forum is about helping people so a misleading name.

thanks all, will give it a whirl tomorrow.

although whats my name or where i live got to do with asking for help from professionals? i dont claim to a CH engineer but just trying to deal with a prob ive never experienced before.

as you said your a bathroom fitter, so you called yourself super plumber.

least you never called yourself super gas engineer then i could understand if you didn't know the fault.

can't see whats wrong with your name

I wasn't referring to you specifically Superplumber in the sense of where you live I was referring to the strange habbit of some forum members to say they come from other countries. they may find this amusing or something.

Not really meaning to dis you, but noticed you know much less than a super plumber would whether or not heating is his main trade. Plumbing training does include heating.

I wasn't referring to you specifically Superplumber in the sense of where you live I was referring to the strange habbit of some forum members to say they come from other countries. they may find this amusing or something.

Not really meaning to dis you, but noticed you know much less than a super plumber would whether or not heating is his main trade. Plumbing training does include heating.
But he had a cold that day

lol.

maybe i was trying to be ironic with my name. How dextrous is Dextrous, he may only have 3 fingers...and how agile is Agile? i reckons hes a fat bloater, but who knows?

I thought that this forum was where people came to learn stuff from the time served pros. If your too busy to help those still trading with L plates then i suggest you dont post.

I don't know how you plumbers cope sometimes, our old house had both motorised valves hidden under the kitchen floor!

How do you manualy open them then?

Same for hidden pumps. :?:

lol.

maybe i was trying to be ironic with my name. How dextrous is Dextrous, he may only have 3 fingers...and how agile is Agile? i reckons hes a fat bloater, but who knows?

I thought that this forum was where people came to learn stuff from the time served pros. If your too busy to help those still trading with L plates then i suggest you dont post.

you can't help people by using a misleading user name.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back