Refilling the combi - Vaillant 824E - NO pressure!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

We have a Vaillant Turbo Max Max Plus 824E (installed 2005) combi boiler which, after we turned off the radiators in Spring, fell to low pressure. We rang the help line and they said to look in the manual to repressurise system... First, we released the pressure in case of air in the system so now there is no pressure at all so we have turned the boiler off so as not to damage anything.

We need to refill the system with water, but the diagram in the book (under "commisioning") looks nothing like the actual boiler. I have read some posts here and the 'flexible pipe' referred to in the manual appears to be one of two possible options of pipe on our boiler: a big one beneath the boiler attached accross the other pipes, and a smaller one inside, which has what looks like a turning device - a circular shped thing that is v tight and looks like a screwdriver would fit it. None of the valves have the 'lever' decribed in the manual :evil: but some look like screwdrivers would fit, others alan keys. Does anyone know what to do? From the other posts on here which make reference to refilling the system it sounds like a simple enough job, and I am loathe to pay an engineer a flat fee to turn a couple of valves when I could do it myself - if only I could identify which ones they were!!!

(We bought our house from the people who had the boiler installed so we weren't shown how to refill the system by the fitters)

Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Kate

Sponsored Links
There are two slotted valves on the underside towards the right.

Both have to be turned 90° until the pressure reaches 1.5 bar.

Then turn both bact to the starting off position.

Thats it really. But many prople call us to come and show them how to do it and give the boiler a service.

Tony

Download the installation manual from the V website and look at figure 6.1

http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/.../turboMAX_plus_thermoCOMPACT_installation.pdf

It shows a small key which you may have lost. The things the key turns can be slightly different. One type is a square such that a rad bleed key will fit it, the other can be turned with a biggish screwdriver.

If yours is the "Pro" then the filling loop will be external.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, there's a little round socket with a screw in it, near a grey knob.
Turn the screw - pressure goes up. Turn the knob, pressure goes down.

Worked a treat for me.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back