refilling Vaillant VCW GB 221 H

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I moved into a house about a year ago with the above boiler. The timer is a bit temperamental but other all has been good.

I have noticed recently that the pressure on the gage has dropped off and reading the front panel it would suggest that I can refill/re presurise the system.

However I do not have the instruction manual on how to do this.

Does anyone have details how to do this?

I have also noticed a very very slow drip on the left hand side about halfway back. Anybody know what part this might be indicating is failing?

Any help would be really appreciated!

Gavin

Sponsored Links
Details on pressurising the boiler are in the FAQ's. Only take it to 0.5 bar on this boiler as you don't know whether it will start leaking .

Leaks on the left hand side are often due to the older plastic heat exchanger leaking (hence don't go mad with the pressure). Look underneath on the left - the image below shows the replacement kit (arrow points to metal heat exchanger). The plastic type is black in colour and much larger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back