Refitting a plug on an old amplifier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have recently purchased an old pioneer amplifier from I guess the 70's. The power cables are both black and I dont really know how, and if, I can attach them to a 3 pin plug.

I have some pics if needed.
Any help much appreciated![/img]

Sponsored Links
Yes Pics please and model number as well if possible.

Can't promise an answer but I know a man who may have the answer.

Hi thanks, im not sure how to put an picture on here, so i could email it unless there is a better way?

The model is a Pioneer SX-450

Any other info just ask

Thanks[/img]

Sponsored Links
That says its a stero reciver, not an amp, better pictures of yours would help

posting a picture info can be found in forum information

That says its a stero reciver, not an amp
When you read the specs they give it looks like it is a tuner/amplifier combo.

I doubt it matters which way round you connect the wires if it did matter they were color coded.

probablly a good idea to get the lid off and make sure there is no muck or loose metal or whatever inside. Also make sure it is rated and set up (on some older audio equipment I have seen you put the fuses in different holders for different voltages) for british mains.

i confess, i never read the specs :oops:

but that wire, looks a bit....................thin

The advice given to me is that there is no polarity on the leads but to ensure the set is 230 volt

The cable clamp used is notorious for damaging cable and on a 30 year old cable thet needs to be checked that the cable is not damaged at that point

Thank you all very much for the advice. There is a setting for changing the voltage and that is already set correctly. I will open the amp up and check to the connections and that it is clean inside.

Will let you know.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back