Religion of peace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What's with the islam bashing threads?

Here's a thought, Christians shot people in abortion clinics, Christians killed or hurt people in the past if you were of a different church.

Now watch the 1979 TV debate on the life of Brian (or at least 10 minutes of it), see the old conservative church men completely miss the point of the film and get all upset and somewhat rude, notice however that they didn't scream allahu akbar and blow up?

The problem isn't Islam, it's not skin colour. It's feudal almost medieval countries clashing with the modern west, we had our revolutions, the black death that helped change the power relationship between peasants and the crown, our modern social movements.

They have had none of that, and then stupid lefties act surprised when they don't always settle into our communities.

By all means strictly control immigration from these countries, but do it for the right reasons, not because they have a koran or are brown, but because you wouldn't want to live in <1600s Britain or take on citizens from <1600s stepping out of a tardis.

Sponsored Links
I can't think of any major religion that doesn't / hasn't advocated killing believers of another faith. Buddism , perhaps , if that is classed as a religion?

I don't see much difference between any of them, I suppose you either beleve in ghosts or you don't.

Sponsored Links
I'm popping my head above the parapet here ... but here goes!
Anyone feel free to shoot away!

I could be wrong but I thought some of those medieval Islamic countries you mentioned were actually rather advanced civilizations at one time ... way ahead of us in the west.
It's their religions that repress them now. In fact they've gone backwards in terms of equality and Humanitarianism and Sharia Law has to be the most barbaric lynchmob law on the planet.
I for one would hate to see them gain any kind of foothold in Western society.

IMHO any person who claims to follow any religion and who subsequently feels it appropriate to bully, force, attack or maim anyone else in the name of this religion completely and utterly misses the the whole fer-king point of a religion :confused:

I could be wrong but I thought some of those medieval Islamic countries you mentioned were actually rather advanced civilizations at one time ... way ahead of us in the west.

Well that depends, it's a well argued subject, and people dispute exactly which eastern country did what.

And it was also a long, long time ago.

I don't buy that they culturally reverted, slavery, barbarity such as soldiers killing children was common back in their apparent golden age as it was in ours, they invented some early technology, but culturally stagnated.

They were not so much held back, more that we were pushed forward. Our seasonal farming society bred a different culture of interdependence and trading, that was simply not needed in equatorial countries that could farm all year.

Take china and Russia as well for instance. By our standards they may not be as up on human rights, but they developed stable sensible (relatively speaking) governments, they also had a seasonal farming society.

It's a huge bridge to cross socially, it took generations for our society to change to stable sensible (again relatively speaking) governments, and again you can argue china and Russia are only just getting there.

A lot of the middle east and Africa is still culturally hundreds if not thousands of years behind us.

But then some people are stupid (not you, but these EDL types), and think it's as simple as "HURR DURR ISLAM IS THE RELIGION OF EVIL".

If you had a choice, you wouldn't take on a thousand uneducated chavs into this country, so why should we take on others that have had even less education than Wayne and waynetta slob.

Oh well, it's written, that's me told.

Teachings aron. Look it up son.

LastMagicBean, location, Essex.

250px-Chav.svg.png

in my estimatoins religon was a means of law and order back in the day. A bit like "wait til your dad gets home" kinda thing.

These days...the modern wolrd doesnt need gods.... it needs sience!!!!

Sponsored Links
Back