Remove Danfoss thermo valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive unscrewed the plastic as much as i can. Dont seem to be any other screws to turn. Does anyone know how this comes off? If i pull it off and break it am i going to flood the bathroom or will it just remain on until I get a replacement? Thanks

Attachments

• 20160116_174627.jpg
    20160116_174627.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 207
Sponsored Links
Just pull it off. It will expose a pin that the head pushes up and down to control the heat. It's this pin being stuck up or down that is a common cause of rads being permenantly on or off. If it's stuck give it a spray with some GT85 or similar and a gentle tap to free it up. Don't pull on the pin too hard cos then you might get wet!

Pull all the plastic off all the metal. You'll need to twist it (over not round) and be a little assertive with it.

Sponsored Links
And leave it on full, like in the picture, when putting it on/off.

Got it off thanks. Pin goes in a bit when i put pressure on with hammer so seems ok? But no heat. If you can advise. Cheers.

Attachments

• 20160116_183842.jpg
    20160116_183842.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 240
I've never known a Danfoss rasc2 pin to stick. Take the rad off and open each valve individually into a bucket to check you have flow through them. You can also do this without taking the rad off by taking the vent cap out. Screwing in a 15mm compression elbow with some ptfe on the thread on one end and a 15mm pipe connecting to a hose on the other end and opening each valve individually

Last edited:
If it's an airlock try turning off all the other rads except the one you want to get warm, the air should blow through.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back