Remove Stud Wall between 2 Cupboards?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, In my bedroom there are 2 seperate cupboard next to each other. The normal doors were removed and a sliding wardrobe pit on the front of them. It was badly done and falls off all the time. I had a wardrobe company come in to give me a quote
for them to install new doors but he was reluctant to do it.

I want to remove the stud wall between the 2 cupboards to make a wall in wardrobe. He told me to do it myself to save money but there are a couple of things im not sure about.

I have included photos. There is a combi boilder in the right hand cupboard on the outside wall and there is a raised platform in the left hand cupboard (which I had hoped to remove). But after pulling the front cover off I can see the slope of my stairs and there are pipes sticking up from the boiler (theu look badly installed).

Can this left hand florr be lowered at all? Also is this a stad wall and I can I remove it? The wardrobe guy told me to also take out the wall above the doors to open up the space floor to ceiling. Would this be easy to do and would this be the best option. He wants to put the doors on floor to ceiling and I had thought they would go in the alcove?

My dad just to help me with all my DIY but passed away in Nov and I have nobody to ask advice from, thanks Michelle :)

Attachments

• cup2.jpg
    cup2.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 162
  • cup3.jpg
    cup3.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 172
  • cup4.jpg
    cup4.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 162
  • cup1.jpg
    cup1.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 193
  • cup5.jpg
    cup5.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 154
  • cup6.jpg
    cup6.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 163
  • cup7.jpg
    cup7.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 171
  • cup8.jpg
    cup8.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 175
  • cup9.jpg
    cup9.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 191
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back