Removed radiator, no hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I took my living room radiator off and now I am unable to get hot water. The boiler does whirr into life when I turn the tap on but no hot water comes out.

Boiler make: Biasi
Model: M296.28SM/C

I am a real plumbing novice so please explain in layman's terms how I can resolve this. I have not added anything to the system to replace the lost water either so was unsure if I needed to.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You need to fill the system back up and bleed all the radiators.
You will not get hot water without pressure in the central heating system. If radiator is a permanent removal, then you will also need to get some inhibitor in the system.

Do I fill it back up with normal tap water or does it have to be something in particular?

Sponsored Links
Oh right, I've just watched a video on how to do this, told you I was a novice! Do I need to bleed the radiators first or re pressurise the boiler first?

fill slowly, then when you get to about 1.5 bar, then bleed each rad one by one. I tend to start at the lower rads. You will need to keep topping up water, until all rads are full. And do not forget to introduce some inhibitor or you will start to get corrosion of the central heating components.

Leave system when fully bled at about 1.2 bar

How long will it take to bleed a radiator? I'm having a plumber out tomorrow and wondering whether it's something they can do providing it's fairly quick.

If you mean fill up the system and bleed all rads.
Would depend on how many rads and how many storeys there is. But standard 3 bed semi. An hour should do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back