Removing a radiator permanently

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a standard boiler (i.e. not combi) and want to remove a radiator from my kitchen.

I have had conflicting reports as to what I need to do. Do I have to drain the whole system? I assume this is the case, but a friend told me that I just need to drain the rad concerned and cap the pipes.

The pipes come from the ceiling and are 10mm copper. My boiler is an Ideal Elan 2.

Sponsored Links
Best to trace pipes above ceiling where they join the flow / return, or manifold, and cap off there..... which means you will need to drain down that particular section, as it sounds like a loop - in system. This also means that the first floor will be drained as well. I assume you know how to drain down and refill correctly ?? I only ask, as a lot of mistakes can be made if you don't :D

Don't really know how to drain down to be honest! I'm trying to find out from other posts on this site and was considering having a go myself. Is this advisable?! I've already been let down by a plumber and have decided it's less hassle to do myself!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back