removing anaglypta wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do you remove this stuff when its paperon onto dry-lined walls. Its pulls some of the paint off in its analglypta pattern and leaves a real mess. I am considering just using a heavy grade lining paper to go over the top but am worried that this pattern may still show through. any one with any top tips.

Sponsored Links
unfortunatley this can be a nightmare on dry lined walls, can you tell me if it has been emulsioned before ?

yes the wall paper has been emulsioned billybob, probably a couple of times!. I've been away do apologies for my slow reply!.

The law requires textured paint/plasters/finishes only to be removed by a licensed contractor when these coatings contain asbestos. Asbestos was in these finishes until the end of the 1980s. Tackling a job yourself (without getting a test to see whether it contains asbestos - labs in "yellow pages") will leave you risking you/your family's health and also leave residual contamination in your home. Seek advice from you local council.

Sponsored Links
To whom it may concern, permission to go for a p*ss without a certificate of competance (or is that continence?)

If you have already taken the texture off, a simple test can establish whether it contained asbestos and contaminated your home. Again "yellow pages". Cleaning the mess with a domestic vacuum cleaner would have spread the contamination throughout your home and still be doing it! Get the situation checked - and if it is bad news, you will also want to talk to your doctor. Sorry to be a bringer of bad news.

Anaglypta is simply blown wallpaper isn't it ?? What's with the asbestos thing?

dont know quite what hes up to, but seems to be talking out of the lower rear hole.

Thermo said:
dont know quite what hes up to, but seems to be talking out of the lower rear hole.
Who mate? oh the copy & paste man :LOL:

Well I reckon PaulB is getting confused with old Artex.

PaulB said:
If you have already taken the texture off, a simple test can establish whether it contained asbestos and contaminated your home.
but dont worry it takes forty yrs to kill ya
Paul b is a computer generated response from the pinstripes at the enviroment agency.
Try a steam stripper, or score surface, soak well with warm water, have a fag, soak again, peel at areas where face of paper is loosening soak again, be patient and it should scrape off easy once face has lifted, tho soak each section again just b4 you start scraping on plasterboard.

confidentincompetent said:
PaulB said:
If you have already taken the texture off, a simple test can establish whether it contained asbestos and contaminated your home.
but dont worry it takes forty yrs to kill ya
Paul b is a computer generated response from the pinstripes at the enviroment agency.
Try a steam stripper, or score surface, soak well with warm water, have a fag, soak again, peel at areas where face of paper is loosening soak again, be patient and it should scrape off easy once face has lifted, tho soak each section again just b4 you start scraping on plasterboard.

the fags will see ya off first :LOL:

never heard of anaglypta having assie in :rolleyes:

never heard of anaglypta having assie in :rolleyes:[/quote]

I know wot a plonker, He probly owns an asbestos removal company.
Seriously tho with 'asbestos artex' the best way is to skim over it and leave it alone innit. :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back