Removing cupboard from integrated kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm trying to remove a cupboard from an integrated kitchen. I have removed every screw and wound in the feet so its floating.

Seems the only thing holding it in place is the worktop, which is glued on. Any tips on removing the cupboard or is it just a matter of careful & firm pulling?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

Can you provide a larger resolution image?

Are those Hinge fittings still in place I can see?? If so undo those. It's common practice to screw cupboard modules together with a screw through both cupboard walls then hide the screw with he hinge baseplate. You could find there are another 4 screws there holding it together and not the worktop.

Hi, yes they are the hinges, I'll take a look tomorrow and get a better pic.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
There is also the pottential that L shapped brackets have been used to attach the cupboard to the wall in the service gap behind the back panel. I know that mine certainly are. They are only small though so I would suggest a good tug would break it free from either the wall or the cabinet.

It would be unlikely that the worktop is glued to the cabinet but it may be screwed have you checked this.

The screws hidden behind hinges is also highly likely.

There is also the pottential that L shapped brackets have been used to attach the cupboard to the wall in the service gap behind the back panel. I know that mine certainly are. They are only small though so I would suggest a good tug would break it free from either the wall or the cabinet.

It would be unlikely that the worktop is glued to the cabinet but it may be screwed have you checked this.

The screws hidden behind hinges is also highly likely.

Good point I forgot to add that. I know ours have 2-4 brackets holding them to the wall :) I didn't want any movement on freestanding units or large gaps under because of the Quartz worktop so as little movements best. I cant see what type of worktop is used from the image but if its a stone its usually silicone tacked on.

May have to get a little destructive to remove the unit still.

Took the hinges off to be sure but it was just glued to the surface. Damaged it a bit getting it out but not too bad.. Now need to cut a blank panel for the side and plumb the thing in. Will post back if I get stuck.

Many thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back