Removing Fence posts that are in concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking into replacing my fence because the posts are leaning over pretty bad now. The posts were put in the ground with concrete and now that the posts are leaning over, the concrete is also coming out of the ground.. I guess what I'm trying to find out is what you be the best way to get rid of the old posts and concrete and install new posts.

Hope this makes sense.

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Basically,take out the posts + concrete or (chuckies :!: :LOL: still don't know what that word is,oh forget it,long story) and renew with post + concrete,make sure the holes is deeper enough and might have to go wider as well to give extra support.

you could always hire a jack hammer to smash the concrete, and make the holes deepr so as masona said to give more support, remember an iceberg you only see the top 10% and icebergs do not fall over

Sponsored Links
Here in the U.K the general reccomendation is that 1/4 of the post is buried, so for a 6' fence you need an 8' post. One trick to remember is to set your post in concrete to 2" above your finished level, wooden posts rot in the first 4" of ground because it is "alive", so surrounding it with concrete keeps the micro-organisms that do your plants so good away from rotting your post so quick. Make a simple box to place round the post and in-fill when you reach ground level.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back