Removing Floorboards from Under door frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
//media.diynot.com/166000_165278_33934_92192268_thumb.jpg

Please can someone help me with how to go about removing the boards which are part cut, but under the door frame?

I am replacing these boards with spares from another room with a view to sanding and staining. Looks like it could be tricky and wondered if anyone has any advice /experience on this. It would be just one at a time and its the same other side of door frame so assuming i can just slide it under and nail it down. Tongue and groove is gone so will be gaps but they are small and its the second floor so shouldnt be to drafty.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
flip - these frames will be nailed (at an angle) to the floorboards ... you won't see the nail heads as they're set, filled and overpainted (100 years of paint). Remove as much floorboard as close to the doorframes as possible by sawing so you're only left with small/short sections. Then take a chisel/hammer or mallet combination and spit the remaining bits of f/boards in finger-wide sections ... this method allows the bits to be removed AROUND the nails. A half inch chisel allows you access below the doorframes if needed to spilt and rake out. Now the remaining nails ... either bend them upwards into the ends of the doorframes or cut them off with a hacksaw blade; if you can grip them with a pair of pliers then it's sometimes possible to bend them back and forwards to snap them off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back