Removing kitchen sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I'm trying to remove our old stainless steel kitchen sink but I've come across a problem where I cannot get to some of the brackets holding the sink to the worktop.

I've managed to remove 6 of the brackets but I think there's about 4 more that are out of reach. I can feel one of the brackets but the back of the cupboard is in the way as is the bowl and it's nigh on impossible to get to. I cannot even feel where the others are. See the attached pic to
see where I think the remaining brackets are.
sink.JPG

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.

Sponsored Links
You'll have to take the worktop off. Usually means breaking out the bottom row of tiles.

The sink will have been fixed to the worktop, then the worktop turned over and fixed to the wall and units and (usually) a tiled splashback added.

Last edited:
Thanks polesapart. We've already removed the tiles as we're putting some new ones up. Glad I tackled the sink prior to fixing those :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back