Removing Plaster/render from outside wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't sure whether to go in here or the building section so forgive me if I chose the wrong one.

I am knocking down an old lean to conservatory and have started to chip away the plaster/render from the wall.

The finishing plaster is no probs but the brown bond is pulling away the brick surface. Is there anything that i can use to soften or loosen this stuff and save my brickwork ? or am I resigned to what I have.

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links
A good soaking with a pressure washer may help weaken the bond; also try breaking the plaster away with hammer blows on the surface (use a welders chipping hammer or cross pein hammer) rather than chiselling it away from the face of the brickwork. You will probably need to use a brick cleaner on it afterwards to remove any staining but it could be a long job & am not sure how good it will look at the end!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back