Removing 'stain' caused by caulk on newly painted wall.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently painted a wall (in dark grey), before painting I filled the gap from a small crack using some caulk, I applied 2 coats of grey paint but the repair I did is showing through the paint:

Stain on wall.jpg

Since it is a bit difficult to distinguish the 'stain' on the above photo, I highlighted it in the next one below:

Stain on wall 2.jpg

I realise I should probably not have used caulk (though I used it on other walls painted in light grey and did not have a such contrast).

What would be the best way to recover with the minimum amount of work? i.e. without having to repaint the whole wall?

If I sand the area to remove the paint and caulk, then apply polyfilla instead, do you think I would get away with just repainting the affected area?

Thanks,
Ant

Sponsored Links
If I sand the area to remove the paint and caulk, then apply polyfilla instead, do you think I would get away with just repainting the affected area?

Thanks,
Ant
Worth a try and when you paint it make a random pattern over it, with roller if that's what you did the wall originally. See what others say.;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back