Removing stone cladding & re-rendering / tyrolean

D

dm999

Mornin' All,

I'm looking to remove stone cladding from the front of the house and finish with a painted tyrolean render in keeping with all of the other houses in the terrace. Also I'll get a new front door and windows fitted.

Happy to get up the scaffolding and remove the cladding myself - will this be an easy job or am I looking at a lot of graft?

How much might I be looking to pay someone to apply the finish once I've removed it all?

Thanks, DM.

Sponsored Links
When the scaff is erected (by pro's who have the necessary council permit), you should have the porch and bay roof coverings examined. Also have the parapet, and roof area behind the parapet inspected.

Only one sub-floor air brick is visible - you should have at least two large air bricks inserted, and perhaps an air brick, or vents, inserted into the entrance step riser (immediately below the front door) to ventilate the hall sub-area.

Using a Hire tool such as the Hilti SDS chisel you could easily remove the cladding. Public safety would be an issue, with falling debris etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back