Removing the back rest from a sofa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have 2 sofas and I need to take the head rests off them to move them through a door, as I'm trying to move them between rooms.

The sofas are made by a company called Sofa italia. I tried to contact them for advice but they didn't reply. The sofas were included in a house I bought so I've no idea how they got them in and don't have any instruction leaflets.

The headrests attach to the "base" of the sofa on 2 metal posts. I've included a photo showing this. The problem is there doesn't seem to be any way to un-clip these. Inside of the cushion there is what looks like an allen key type of nut but there's no space between this and the metal so can't get a key in to unscrew it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Attachments

• WP_20160614_20_27_44_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160614_20_27_44_Pro.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
Can't be sure from your photo but if this is the style of sofa I'm imagining the headrest should fold flat. Would that give you the clearance you need?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back