removing what's left of doors from a knocked out wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I moved into new house and a knocked out wall had already been done but at some point doors where installed the doors have been removed but 2 side panels remain can i knock these out without my ho
use falling down. i assume the panels where put there to make doors fit the gap they have glass and shelves in them. The doors were fitted same time as wall knocked through down. Thanks

Sponsored Links
You say the wall has been knocked down but the side lights are still in place? could you post some photo's, especially of the top of these frames/wall please.
As for the frames holding the house up - I don't think so, and the photo's will help in providing the proff of that and hopefully an answer...pinenot

Sponsored Links
I see nothing in these photos to suggest anything other than a glazed frame for carrying doors. I believe you can safely take them out without problem, but if there is any doubt in your mind start by stripping off all architraves, glazing beads stops etc. then take out the glass (sides ant top). We can now determinate the size of posts and the header used in the make up and advise on removal...pinenot

Picture 1 appears to show a downwards bow in the top of the doorway...... :eek:

Thanks very much for your help and getting back to me. I.ll be removing glass soon as wall

Its just the way the photo taken and there is still a thicker piece of wood from the door frame still left there. the wall was knocked through about 20 years ago so i.m assuming if it wasn't done correctly it would of fallen down by now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back