Renault Clio gear problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I don't know if you would be able to help me as I've been googling everything I can think of and nothing seems to be answering my questions.

I have a 2002 Renault Clio II Dynamique 1.2 16V and have had it since 2008. I've had no problems whatsoever with my car. Only recently have I had a problem with the constant rain where my car wouldn't start properly and it would take 5-6 attempts until it fired up. I took my car into my mechanic yesterday who said that it was the crankshaft sensor and they had replaced it.

I drove it today to work and there seems to be a new problem which wasn't there before I took my car to the mechanic and this what I need some help with. When the car is idle it tends to go below the normal idle position almost as though it's going to stall but revs itself back into life, and also, whatever gear I'm in (1,2,3,4) the car pulls back and accelerates when it realises that I'm moving... What has the mechanic done to my car??

I never had this problem I took it to the garage so why now!!! I'll be taking it back in on Monday for them to fix it and I doubt I'll be paying for it seeing as it isn't my fault! I'm so annoyed by it.

I hope you are able to help me or give me something so that I can go back to my mechanic.

Thank you :)

Sponsored Links
Sounds like a vacuum pipe has cracked (sucking air) or fallen off the inlet manifold (top of engine). Changing the sensor may have disturbed a pipe causing it to fracture. Or the pipe may have been cracked and only when moved started to leak.

Not big into Renault, some of the other members will fill you in better

Thank you for your reply last night.

Do you know how much it would cost to have this fixed if it is the problem? Although I'm going to speak to my mechanic and try and get them to do it for free as I haven't done this problem and my car hasn't been driven properly to see any problems as I live round the corner from the garage.

Thanks again,
Lauren

The original problem, has that gone away?

If you just ask them to have a look to see if they disturbed something, as its not running properly from your last visit.

You or a friend could have a wee look under the bonnet before you go back to see if any of the pipes have come off? I don't think its anything to worry about. Just more annoying and probably easily fixed.

Go to another garage for a second opinion if they want to fit more parts

Sorry I can't be more help

Sponsored Links
Hi Mursal,

Yes the original problem has gone away.

I think it may be what you mentioned and they've knocked something as I have no leaks under the car and I looked under the bonnet too and there weren't any pipes that looked like they were loose.

It seems to be that the revs are a lot lower than what they were. When I go to drive off if I drive off extremely slowly it seems to be fine? The pull back/accelerate seems to be the first few seconds when I go in to a different gear. And it sounds as if I'm a new driver getting used to the car but I've been driving it for quite a few years.

Back