Rendering & exterior painting in winter time

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!

I hope I'm not doubling up, but I couldn't find any topic specifically similar to this on the forum.

I wonder if anyone could advice:

Our house is being rendered right now, at the moment we have 2 lifts of scaffolding up on two sides, and and three on one side (attic conversion).

We were thinking that it would be good sense to make the most of the scaffold while it's there (it has to come down before 13th December), to get the house painted as well - especially the side with three lifts, as that's pretty high up on a ladder.

According to my reading online, generally advice is to just wait for the render to dry but some people say you should wait 6 months for it to stabilise, but I've seen a lot of arguments against that. I've also heard it depends on the paint you use. There's a lot of contradictory information around.

So I guess the question is, in your professional opinions, is it better to wait till next spring/summer, take our time choosing colours, and just invest in some a really tall ladder for the high bits? Or is it all just fear mongering, we compromise on colours but use a breathable paint and get the lot painted while the scaffold is up?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back