rendering over painted render????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'd firstly like to thank everybody who posts advice on here, i have used this forum loads of times and its helped me out so much,

here is my problem,

I am thinking of re-rendering the outside of my house as it looks a bit shabby, it has already been rendered and painted but is cracking and very thin in places, i have rendered before but i need to know how to prep the surface for a new coat as i dont wanna wake up one morning with it all on the drive lol, i would be very grateful for any advice,

thanks

Gaz

Sponsored Links
If you are going to re-render then by the look of your photo I would knock the lot off and start from scratch (pun intended!!!).........While you are at it I would check out the slates on your porch roof looks lke a slip or two!!!!

thanks roy,

sounds like a plan, either way i know theres gonna be some hard graft involved, yeah im going to re roof the porch, new window and door etc, thanks again for the advice mate,

Gaz

Sponsored Links
hi.

i also agree with the chap above.

you need to have it hacked off and start again, dont try and put more render on top of it as it will fall off!!!!!!!!!

..........and yes, nice pickup you have!!!!!!! :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back