rental property, combi boiler on landing, flue through roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
thinking about offering on a property to rent out. It has a valiant combi boiler in the airing cupboard on landing with flue exiting straight up and through roof. Is this flue arrangement ok for rental purposes from a flue inspection point of view?

Sponsored Links
dont know the answer to those two, we're thinking of buying the property and then renting it out (possibly you thought we were thinking of renting it??) It appears from the link that a flue must be accessable for inspection so I'm guessing one that passes through ceiling of airing cupboard and through loft space must meet that criteria?

What I want to avoid or at least what I need to allow for is resiteing a boiler because the flue arrangement is inherently wrong!

As long as it is installed as per the destructions then it is fine.

I suggest, and have trained a few of our regulars to pay a tamed Sparks, Plumber and builder a fee to go to each property they buy and give an opinion. It will be far more use than an expensive traditional survey.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back