Replace a Randall 3022 with...?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What can I replace this heating controller with? I need a fairly simple solution to tide me over for 6 months. but the price of a replacement 3022 is ridiculous £65+ and locally I've been quoted £82 inc vat.

tia

Sponsored Links
What are your long term plans, after six moths are up?

It would be a waste of money to buy a short term solution if you can get something which will be usable in the future.

The timer can be changed for anything else. However, the saving you will make getting a cheaper timer will be offset by the fact that the labour cost will be higher to rewire.

The randall clocks are easy to swap over, a 5 min job

COntact Randall. I can't remember what they call it but you can get the guts of the thing without the mounting plate and case, or similar, which is a lot cheaper. Something like a "Service Replacement Unit".

Sponsored Links
I have been browsing this site and noticed another post where someone replaced a Danfoss Randall 3022 with a Danfoss Randall FP715, the wiring is confusing me so could someone help me out with it?

Here are the two wiring diagrams for the FP715 and 3022 respectively:

The Valve Actuator code is: BGMVSP-2

tia

What other controls do you have such as 2 port motorised valves or 3 port valves 3 or 5 wire and what boiler.

And what terminals are used on your 3022

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back