Replace micro-bore with 15mm?

Sponsored Links
I bet I've fitted more WB than most on here. Not my fave but to say they don't work on microbore is ridiculous!

I actually quite like the CDI's - a little bit ;)

Sponsored Links
I have read on this forum that Worcester have refused to cover warrantee issues because the boiler was on a microbore system.

I have read on this forum that Worcester have refused to cover warrantee issues because the boiler was on a microbore system.

Tony if you read in the sun that aliens invaded London would you believe that pal ?

Hope everything is going well

I've also read on this forum how to crush gas pipes behind soil stacks...;)

as long as the system is clean, inhibited, and balanced correctly ive found microbore systems are fine,
the main problem i find is that when they were installed the pipes were kinked and eventually get blocked, that and conservatory fitters tee off the 8mm for a giant rad they've installed which stops working after about a year!
and if there is poor circulation nine times out of ten it'll be a blockage at the manifold which is an easy fix once you've found where it is

Microbore systems have a 15mm or 22mm feed / return pipes running to feed/return manifolds. The manifolds each have 4 or more 8mm connectors and the radiators are connected to these manifolds with microbore. There may be separate manifolds on each floor.
An alternate would be to get microbore to 15mm adapters near the radiator and use 15mm valves. Anyway this gives you an idea of what you probably have.

IMG_20160629_162534_zps25gdcjdy.jpg

1983 microbore installation. Note the kinked pipe top of picture. The shiny pipes are two new feeds to new rad locations in kitchen. These systems had 10mm to big rads.. 8mm to singles and 6mm on the towel rails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back