Replace/Repair Timber Double Glazing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am considering repairing my timber windows which are double glazed but with a lead pattern on the outside of the glass.

Most of the glass panels have condensation on the inside which I would presume means they are not now sealed and ineffective and also the strip of insulation seal where the window meets the frame has been painted over so does not work well.

As I know someone who is fairly handy at joinery is it possible to make new windows and a get a glazing supplier to make the glazed panels and fit them together myself ? or should I just call in the experts......

also what and where should should I get the replacement insulation seal ?

cheers

Andy

Sponsored Links
When I installed my conservatory, I found this Co quite helpful for replacement seals but, do a Google and you should come up with many more. See http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/
I had some odd shaped D/G units made up locally and these were surprisingly inexpensive. Yes, in my opinion, have a go yourself. There is a lot of information on the web re installation of D/G panels and,( assuming that your windows are externally glazed) ie, the securing quadrant is on the outside, you install the panels with the correct sealing tape and packers, it is well within the scope of the DIYer. Good luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back