Replace toilet with washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an understairs cupboard which until yesterday contained a toilet. I removed the toilet in order to make space for a washing machine. Does an adapter exist that would allow me to drain the washing machine into the existing toilet soil pipe? I suppose I would also need a trap. I realise I could go into a DIY shop in the UK to ask this question, but my proficiency in the local lingo isn't so great so I'd like to know whether such a thing exists before i make a fool of myself in the DIY stores of Luxembourg...

Sponsored Links
Hi, does the soilpipe go thru the wall, or is it going thru the floor,and is it plastc or metal :?: There are various adapters, and yes a trap and standpipe will be needed..these can be bought as a unit

Not sure how the plumbing in Luxembourg compares to ours. If you were over here you would probably want a "110mm to waste reducer" and a boss adapter. You may also need a "drain connector", dependant on your current waste. See Polypipe Bottom left, last page.

Haven't a clue how any of this sits with Luxembourg though.

Oops, sorry Nige, didn't notice you'd posted (was busy looking for the link). :oops:

Thanks for both replies (and thanks for replying to my other question, Nige F). The soil pipe goes through the floor into the cellar (so I can access it without difficulty) and is plastic. Sounds like a pretty simple task!

Sponsored Links
This is where a Screwfix Universal Waste Adaptor could be tray yooteel:

p1637063_l.jpg

Si vous ne parlez pas francais.....

It can sometimes help to draw a picture of what you want to do...

They already know that Les English sont mad!

If you wanted some door frame ties they are " pattes a securer ".

Tony

Not as comfortable to sit on
But at least you can do without a bidet
(although be careful of the spin cycle)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back