Replacement bellbox battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to replace the batteries in a couple of Flashguard Xtra sounder/strobe but I am finding it difficult to find them.

The originals are marked GP280BVHX7 GP 8.4v 280mAh.

Google searches give an indication that Texecom Premier FDO-0004 (SKU 42-503055) as equivalent replacement - but again, no luck in finding anywhere stocking them, probably due to age.

I know the units are getting on a bit, but they are in perfect working order (except for the batteries!) and I'd much rather replace these than replace the boxes.

Can anyone advise of a stockist / equivalent ??

Sponsored Links
Did a search on google and it brought a few up.

Anywhere that does the flashguard range should be able to find you an equivalent.

Sponsored Links
@secureiam - your Google powers must be stronger than mine if your search 'brought a few up' on the codes I listed! Can you link to one? I came up with nothing!

@EightyTwo - thanks, they'll fit in the compartment ok then I take it?
Perhaps I should have measured the dimensions whilst up the ladder... :LOL:

See the below, the stock image is the same as your eBay one but a bit cheaper...

http://www.buyabattery.co.uk/alarm-bell-box-battery-8-4v-8-4-volt-ni-mh-gp320bvh7a6.html

A lot cheaper! :mrgreen:

It looks like they have managed to shoehorn an extre 40mAh into the standard 25mm x 8.7mm button cell. These are packs of 7 cells in shrinkwrap and with leads welded on. I don't know your bell but I'm sure that they'll be fine (it even says so in the small print!).

@secureiam That's what we're here for, right! ;) :D

Trouble is we are brainwashed into believing eBay is cheapest whereas in reality it can often be the dearest.

You only have to get a page or so of identical items on eBay to see a massive differences in prices.

Yes indeed, eBay is great for getting odd bits & pieces that you can't easily find anywhere else, but you do have to watch the prices

Off on a slight tangent but I still can't understand why so often winning auction bids on used items can be pretty close to the the price you can get the same item new from somewhere like Amazon!

@EightyTwo - thanks again for your help, appreciated and batts ordered. I think some lose focus of the purpose of a DIY forum! :D

The search tools are so easy to use on eBay. It's easy to order/pay. It's fairly safe. You can get cheap stuff from China. Amazon doesn't pay taxes. I like eBay for second hand auction stuff too - you can get a much better quality item for the same price as a new one. For example, I bought a really nice planer thicknesser for less than the cost of a new bench-top model and a big dust extractor. I don't use them very often but I couldn't justify the cost of buying new. I'd never have found one in the local paper, E&M, Friday Ads, etc.

However, your right that the price isn't always the best. Sometimes things are cheaper in the shops. But it's easy to paste an eBay URL into a forum post... ;)

Talking about winning bids - I've seen them higher than the "Buy It Now" price from the same seller!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back