Replacement boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a regularly serviced Ideal C80FF combi boiler which is now 10 years old and I don't know if I am doing the right thing by hanging in with it until it finally goes or should I be thinking of replacing it now with an A rated condensing combi.
I will be pleased to hear from anyone with experience of older Ideal boilers.

Sponsored Links
You wont gain much in efficiency by fitting an A rated boiler. If its working ok leave it be.

Thank you Muggles and petit_pablo for your replies.
I am going to do what you suggest, ie nothing.
Thanks again.
Hooghly.

Sponsored Links
Ideal C:80FF. SEDBUK Band D, approx 78% efficiency. Top of the line for a non-condensing boiler. No pilot light. Your gain from upgrading, approximately 10%. Do the maths, 10% off most gas bills won't pay for a new boiler installation so you need another reason to change. Don't like the colour of the boiler maybe?

Whatever job you do will suffer from people not spending, hence car scrappage scheme boiler scrappage scheme, people not spending filters through to everyones job eventually, so have a new boiler regardeless, it means jobs for everyone, I fit new boiler, I earn money, I then spend money on new car, kitchen, holiday, telly, video, whatever, which then keeps others jobs going for them to spend on a new bathroom, it all starts again and everyones happy, never mind what the tightwads say, have a new boiler ;) you know it makes sense.......

Yup, everyone needs to buy something off everyone else or the economy will collapse. I sometimes wonder where it all comes from at the end of the day, but then I remember: China :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back