Replacement CH programmer for Potterton EP2002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The programmer on my CH/HW system has recently stopped working so IM looking for a cheap and easy replacement. My system uses a conventional heat only boiler with a hot water cylinder in the airing cupboard together with radiators fed by a tank in the loft. I have a thermostat on the hot water cylinder and a room thermostat. There is a two way valve to divert heat from the boiler to the cylinder, radiators or both.

The existing programmer is a Potterton EP 2002 which can be programmed for different on off periods over 7 days.

IM looking for a similar programmer and wondered if the Horstman CentaurPlus C27 is suitable and how it would be wired up. Screwfix sell the C27 so I could get one tomorrow.

One issue which is confusing me is that my existing EP2002 has terminals A,B,C,D, N, L, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 however the Horstman only has N, L, 1, 2, 3, 4.

From what I gather, terminals A to D are simply connectors and can be replaced by terminal blocks. What is confusing me is that my EP2002 has terminals 1 to 5 but the Horstman only has 1 to 4. I have noticed that terminal 2 on my programmer is not connected to anything.

My EP2002 is wired as follows:-
- terminal C - red and brown
- terminal D - yellow and blue
- terminal N - blue x 2 and black
- terminal L - red x 2 (one red wire is linked to terminal 5)
- terminal 1 - blue
- terminal 2 - none
- terminal 3 - red
- terminal 4 - yellow
- terminal 5 - brown (and red from L terminal)

So my question is how all this wiring maps on to a Horstman CentaurPlus C27 and indeed is this the best replacement for a EP2002.

Picture below:-
wiring.JPG

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back